Understand Biological Age
vs Chronological Age
Purpose of Test
- Telomeres are structures at the ends of chromosomes. It's main function is to act as “caps” to protect genes in process of cellular division. Each time a cell divides a portion of the telomere is eroded slightly (a phenomenon known as the “end-replication problem”). When the telomeres reach a critically short length, cell division stops and these cells enter replicative senescence or apoptosis, and eventually die.
- Critically short telomeres contribute to the onset of chronic and age-related diseases including heart disease, Type 2 Diabetes, some cancers, among other pathologies.
Telomere length serves as the biomarker of the cell's replicative capacity, which defines the biological age of the individual. Hence it is an excellent indicator of an individuals’ overall general health status. Secondly, by knowing the biological age one can get a better understanding of the lifestyle habits that impact the aging process. This affords the opportunity to make appropriate changes. Periodic re-testing to measure the results can help monitor the progress. Thirdly, the test will allow for more personalized medicine as doctors are increasingly treating patients taking into consideration their biological age.
How to Order
- Fill out the enquiry form
- Complete & send the enquiry form
- Laboratory will contact you within 24-48 hours to schedule an appointment for sample collection
Note: If you are not a resident of Dubai, Abu Dhabi, or Sharjah, we will help you find a local laboratory for sample collection
- If required, a link to online payment will be sent along with appointment details
- Else payment can be made in the lab before sample collection
Call for Price 800 325227
Cancer Safe Test1,799.00 AED
Diabetes Risk Profile449.00 AED
Cardiac Risk Markers Profile449.00 AED
Advanced Wellness Profile749.00 AED
Everyone has 23 pairs of chromosomes, 22 pairs of autosomes and one pair of sex chromosomes. The science that relates to the study of these chromosomes is referred to as Cytogenetics. Our tests that we offer, analyzes the whole chromosome and identifies any disorders present.
Click order now, fill in details as requested and one of our team members will contact you directly to provide you with all of the necessary information.
Diagnostic Profiles & Panels
Highly Specialized Diagnostic Products
Executive Wellness Profile 77 Test Parameters899.00 AED
Senior Adult Profile 86 Test Parameters2,100.00 AED