Understand Biological Age
vs Chronological Age
Purpose of Test
- Telomeres are structures at the ends of chromosomes. It’s main function is to act as “caps” to protect genes in process of cellular division. Each time a cell divides a portion of the telomere is eroded slightly (a phenomenon known as the “end-replication problem”). When the telomeres reach a critically short length, cell division stops and these cells enter replicative senescence or apoptosis, and eventually die.
- Critically short telomeres contribute to the onset of chronic and age-related diseases including heart disease, Type 2 Diabetes, some cancers, among other pathologies.
Telomere length serves as the biomarker of the cell’s replicative capacity, which defines the biological age of the individual. Hence it is an excellent indicator of an individuals’ overall general health status. Secondly, by knowing the biological age one can get a better understanding of the lifestyle habits that impact the aging process. This affords the opportunity to make appropriate changes. Periodic re-testing to measure the results can help monitor the progress. Thirdly, the test will allow for more personalized medicine as doctors are increasingly treating patients taking into consideration their biological age.
How to Order
- Fill out the enquiry form
- Complete & send the enquiry form
- Laboratory will contact you within 24-48 hours to schedule an appointment for sample collection
Note: If you are not a resident of Dubai, Abu Dhabi, or Sharjah, we will help you find a local laboratory for sample collection
- If required, a link to online payment will be sent along with appointment details
- Else payment can be made in the lab before sample collection
Call for Price 800 325227
For more information visit: www.telomeretest.ae
- Additional information
Telomere testing is a valuable emerging diagnostic tool within the area of functional and preventive/personalized medicine with a number of clinical applications including:
Telomere Analysis Technology ® (TAT®)
|Offered in collaboration with||